What is Caringa?
What started as a meeting of concerned parents in a bus shelter all those years ago has grown into a thriving, innovative organisation.
Caringa Australia Ltd (Caringa) is a diverse, mission-focussed and socially responsible organisation based in Grafton NSW. Caringa provides lifestyle, supported employment, and accommodation options to people living with disabilities. Our sites for operation are Grafton and the Clarence Valley, and south to Coffs Harbour.
Caringa has been in operation since 1953 when the community raised funds which enabled the start of a school for children with disabilities. From that humble beginning we followed the natural progression to opening a workplace for people with disabilities and throughout all these years the community has been actively involved in fundraising for the service. There are still people today who are members of the association and have links to those times.
To Support & Empower People with a Disability
- We are person centred and community focused
- We are accountable, ethical and financially responsible
- We are making a positive difference in the lives of people with a disability and their families
- We value the individual strengths of the people we support and the people we employ
- We provide appropriate and desirable working conditions to our staff
- We support the rights of children and people with a disability in all aspects of our service
- We are one team with common goals