Caringa understands the importance of friendships, inclusion and doing the things you love.
It feels good when you connect with your community, make friends and do the things you like to do. It can be lots of fun and is also one of the best ways to improve your general health and wellbeing.
Caringa offers supports to help you get more out of life, meet people who share your interests, increase your community involvement and build the skills you need to become more independent.
Caringa offers services in:
- Social and Community inclusion
Get out and about with confidence and support. We can help you:
- socialise with people who have similar interests
- get active with sport and recreation
- attend events you are interested in
- pursue your hobbies through groups, clubs and associations
- explore your creativity through music and the arts
- join local volunteer organisations
- celebrate your cultural identity and link to related groups.
- Daily living skills
Caringa will support you to complete the fundamental daily living skills you need to live a more independent and social life. This can include:
- personal hygiene and presentation
- money and budgeting skills
- road awareness and travel planning
- meeting new people and making friends
- building communication skills and resilience
- cleaning and laundry
- computing and internet activities
- Getting away (short-term accommodation)
You deserve the opportunity to grow and experience places you haven’t been before. After all, there are many things you can only learn by getting out of your comfort zone, visiting a new place and pursuing new experiences.
Caringa can help you tailor a trip and the short-term accommodation to meet your goals and needs. Once you’re on your way, we are available to ensure the supports you need continue so that your travel experience is a fun and exciting one.
For more information and to start your personalised Social and Community conversation, contact us.